The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

My MT855B has been getting temperamental when shifting lately.

About 300 hrs ago my power management button stopped working and would flash "power management inputs incorrect". No big deal just ran without it for the rest of the season.

Now it doesn't want to downshift and sometimes flashes something about the shift inputs being reversed or something to that effect. It doesn stay on the screen long enough to read. Very frustrating when it's pulling a hill and won't down shift so you have to hit the clutch and stop then find a lower gear and start over.

It up shifts fine. I'm thinking the wiring or the buttons in the gear shift lever are failing. I haven't opened it up yet as I've still been using it. Has just over 10k hours.

Just curious if anyone has been through this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yep, change all 3 switches. Just pull the console and work on the bench. It’s a bit of a pita. Ours would start grabbing gears on its own! Well not from neutral but still freaky.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Had a similar issue with my MT865c this spring. Would shift into neutral by itself and then wouldn't go back into gear for a while. Then when shifting to forward it shifts to reverse. Ended up being the whole shift module in the armrest. $1700 for just the module. Tech mentioned that the buttons are usually the issue guys run into first before the module. Of course they were the cheaper parts and in stock.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, change all 3 switches. Just pull the console and work on the bench. It’s a bit of a pita. Ours would start grabbing gears on its own! Well not from neutral but still freaky.
Thanks joe.

Mine luckily is just not listening to me at this point. At least it doesn't have a mind of it's own yet.

I assume you just undo the two nuts for adjusting the console position to remove it?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a similar issue with my MT865c this spring. Would shift into neutral by itself and then wouldn't go back into gear for a while. Then when shifting to forward it shifts to reverse. Ended up being the whole shift module in the armrest. $1700 for just the module. Tech mentioned that the buttons are usually the issue guys run into first before the module. Of course they were the cheaper parts and in stock.
Thanks 9520deere.

Hopefully it's just the buttons but at least I know where to look next if that doesn't cure it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts