The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at updating combines in the next few years and would like to look at all options. I currently run a JD 9400 in corn, beans, oats, sunflowers and wheat in Nebraska. I do not know anything about the lexion other than what I have read on here. It is critical that I get as much of the crop in the grain tank as possible with the least amount of fuel used. I do not want a new machine, but a good used one. What models should I look at? I have some very hilly terrain also. All thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Could somebody give me a brief run down on the differences between the 4,5,6 and 7 series. Thanks

·
Registered
982 Posts
I dont think a brief rundown between all the series is possible lol however if you do some searching on the claas website you should be able to find brochures on the various series and can compare that way. Without knowing info on your farm it would be difficult to answer which machine would be best for you however a basic answer could be get the newest year, lowest houred machine you can afford.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some searching and now understand the differences with the series and walker vs rotor. Is the 5 series that much better than the 4 to have such a price difference. I found a 460 with 1300 separator hours. Would I be happy trading? What should I look for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.