The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a Geringhoff Rota-Disc corn head on auction. I'm not very familiar with then but we have a few of them running around us. I've heard they're good heads but have been told they're very expensive to go through when the time comes to start replacing things. Had a salesman tell me about $3,000/row to completely go through one. Wondering if that's true or not...? Anyone have any other experience with them, good or bad?[

·
Registered
541 Posts
We had one from 2009 until 2013 when we traded it on a 608C Deere.

We never rebuilt it but the quotes to get it done at the time were pretty expensive, wasn't quite $3000 a row back then but sure could be now.

We honestly find the Deere to do a better job chopping than the Hoff did, it's way cheaper to maintain and it seems to shell less corn out on the deck plates. Overall I think the Geringhoff is a good header but if I had to choose I'd take a new Deere over a new Hoff. Or I'd just keep the 608C we have now, haha.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We run Gleaner and have a 3000 series Gleaner corn head now. They're a good head but they were a better head 15-20+ years ago. Looking to go from an 8 row to a 12 row and would ultimately like to get the new 3300 series Gleaner head. All the guys I've heard from that are running them absolutely love them. But they're a bit out of my price range right now. Like I said I've heard good things of the Geringhoffs but hadn't heard about how expensive they may be to rebuild until just recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts