The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We operate 3 9860sts premiums and had problems last year,(our first with sts) with chopper belts slipping and overheating.They would crack and we had to replace 6 belts $374/belt.JD knew about this and supposedly fixed it on the 70 series.they stared an update and went to a triple pulley setup H228149,AH217591,and triple belt H229882,our dealer started the PIPS and realized he could not get any belts.apperantly that is the same setup they use in europe.deere is not getting back to us as to why the belts are not avalible any more.if anyone knows a solution to this please let me know ASAP as our winter wheat should be ready in about 3-4 weeks.and we havw extra fine cut choppers

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Re: getting a mad on about Deere

Get belt dimensions and find one at you local belt or bearing house or parts store. We have a place here that has nearly every bearing and can get any belt you want if you have the old belt or dimensions.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I would be a smart butt and say go to Toromont and buy 2 590R's and Boom. Problem Solved....

But if a you have a NAPA store they can cross reference JD Belts and get them Next Day in our area.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Steven, you're fairly close. Give Sammy's Farm Supply a call, at 638-3566 - They carry belts for everything, and are dealers for RBL, Gates, and a few others.

Or, Advic Bearing & Auto at 638-8000

You could try Sydor's (JD), they have a lot of parts around for them; perhaps they still have some belts in stock, the number is 638-6443.

Hate to say it... but you do know that AgWest is in Neepawa... he's probably got some 9895s there that would work for ya

greentech, I'm curious what you mean about Toromont?

-Christian

·
Registered
64 Posts

Deere knows about the belt Problem since 2003 when they came with the 9880 sts to Europe.
some farmers needet up to 20 belts a season.
almoust every day one.
we did some aligment adjusting coming from the engine down to the bully. also some welding support.
i might have some pics how we could get trough our harvest.
know they have a 3 stripe belt for the Chopper here in Europe and much bigger pulleys.
But if you have the same version than on the 9650 s and 9750 and latter you wond get any better results without the welding support on the Engine frame.
Check for a really proper aligment of the belt and you will see.
Take a look when cut whats happening back there and you will be suprised.

·
Super Moderator
4,387 Posts
20 belts?
One season?
I could live with that.
In 20 years.
Those machines must really be special otherwise!

Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts