The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: getting dirt and dust out of the inside of rot

That's the way St. John Welding does it. I have had them do at least two rotors for me. It makes a huge difference. Sometimes a rotor gets a hole in it and will start getting dirt inside it and this can get them really out of balance.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts

Do you mean the inside, inside of the rotor or on the outside skin of the rotor? I don't know how you could get anything inside of it unless there was a hole somewhere?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

yes i heard most rotors will eventurally get some dirt or dust in them i have heard people using a 4 inch hole saw and making a hole then cleaning out the dirt and welding the piece back in and they say they run much smoother!!!! i was just wondering if anyone else has a better way

·
Premium Member
646 Posts

after having a 1986 1660 for 14 years i never noticed a difference in the smoothness from day one 0 acres till the final day after 17000 acres of corn soybeans and wheat cutting a hole in the rotor just sounds like a bad idea unless you balance it ive felt how touchy they can be with nothing more than being 3 ounces off balance

·
Registered
37 Posts

What model combine and what year? 04-06or07 8010s have a removable cap at rear of rotor. 88 series combines you need to cut a hole in the rotor to remove dirt. Newer 8010s and 20 series have plastic plug inside coupler at rear of rotor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.