The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 8010, and a 2162 draper, I noticed on the header where the indicator is on top, that has ABCD and 1234. All the little cables are broke that run the indicator. Will automatic header height work with the cables broke?

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Check the potentiometer that's mounted under the indicator. It has to move when the cables pull on it. I'll go have a look at ours. But I'm thinking if the cables aren't working, the auto header height sensor isn't going to move.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Recently bought a 8010, and a 2162 draper, I noticed on the header where the indicator is on top, that has ABCD and 1234. All the little cables are broke that run the indicator. Will automatic header height work with the cables broke?
No it won't since auto header height is based off the potentiometer. The cables pull on the linkage that move the 1234 indicator also move the potentiometer. The ABCD is a different cable that you wouldn't need to replace if you choose not to.

Tried running a 2162 on a CR9070 in float mode (first year for either) and I couldn't get it to work right. I think more time in the seat I could figure it out. Auto header height based off the potentiometer on the header worked great.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I don't think float is going to work with this header. Because of how the wings work, the header has to be suspended by the springs in order for the wings to flex up or down. Hard to explain. Basically if you lift up one wing, the linkage causes the joint for that wing to move down. With the adapter frame on the ground, the header is going to be super heavy and the flex action is likely not to work very well.

You could, however, manually adjust the feederhouse to keep the adapter frame up off the ground. That would be rather tiring though! Just fix the cables; you'll be way happier with the header when its working as it was designed to work.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Even if you don't want to use HHC, you still need to fix the cables so the 1 2 3 4 indicator works. That indicator tells you how far you are down into the springs.

The ABCD is for cutter head tilt. You can gage it simply by the extension of the cylinder. The FD 75 puts the indicator directly on the cylinder, eliminating the cable.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got to cut a few beans today! Ordered the cables this morning, dealer said will be there in the morning. Been having heavy dew at night lately,so should have plenty of time to get them put on.
I'm 34 years old, have been cutting beans since I was 16, this is the first time I cut beans with a draper, and I will say ****. Never knew what I was missing!!!! Incredible!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Don't forget to do a header calibration after you get it all fixed. I think on the 8010 you just push and hold the down button for a few seconds after it hits the bottom, and then press the raise button. Also it's possible that you might need to adjust the POT position if you get a sensory error about something being mechanically out of range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The header will work in float mode fine. You have to make sure the header is programed into the monitor. We had to unplug the potentiometer on both our headers, because AHHC would not work correctly when cutting off the ground. It would jerk up and down. Dealer said with the header programmed into the pro600, and the potentiometer plugged in, the two were confusing each other. On the newer 20 series combines, the feeder house has its own potentiometer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.