The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a Gjesdal 5 in 1 clean peas or soybeans? If so does everyone run their peas through the indent or did you make up a way to bypass the indent? Have not picked up my new to me used unit and just trying to figure out what one would do. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
We tried cleaning peas with ours. You have to bypass the indents. Just use your scalper and grader shells. It worked not to bad but you won't get any thistle balls out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Cleaned lots of peas. Capture both streams from the indent and can run quite a bit faster if you don't have to wait for the indent. Leave the indent in but you don't use it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ya , just turn the spout that comes off the two grader shells a 1/4 turn and avoid the indent and go straight to your clean grain auger. If thistle balls are an issue you can set up an additional fan (like an old furnace fan) and blast some extra air through the clean grain stream as it goes to clean grain auger. I would also recommmend a screen with large openings (2"x2") ahead of your feed auger to prevent frozen clumps of grain from entering cleaner and plugging something off just when you think it is safe to walk away from it for an hour or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a used gjesdal 5 in 1 MAXI, but there is no manual, or even answers on how the machine runs, I am looking for ANY information on this machine

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
A small aeration fan works good for suction. Airplane prop doesn't plug like a squirrel cage

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased a used gjesdal 5 in 1 MAXI, but there is no manual, or even answers on how the machine runs, I am looking for ANY information on this machine
For manuals I would go to the Flaman grain cleaning website, they sell gjesdals and have manuals online for lots of models.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Pretty simple machine. Trial and error are needed with each new batch of seed. They don't do a great job but usually acceptable. Make one adjustment at a time and check the results. We have used them for many years. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts