The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Massey 8680 puked a straw walker the other day and its back ordered through Agco till end of October. Anyone know of one being parted out? I've tried all the big salvage yards in the States and Gratton Coulee, Combine World and Harvest Salvage. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gratton Coulee is sold out. Didn't think it would be this hard to find one. I realize it isn't a new combine but you would think Agco would have at least one in a warehouse to order.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried Garrison first. They were looking for 5 more for a guy that bent his on a flax straw plug. Even talked to the guy that used to own the one you are talking about. At this point I would even take another one that was busted and use it to weld into mine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It is a long shot but have you tried Ray Rham in Rugby 776-9052 he might know of one.The flax straw is just not ready yet tried it 2 days ago,need a hard frost.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the idea, but he hasn't any either. Mostly works on the R series I guess. Keep the ideas coming though!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the ideas. Made a deal on some salvage units that need some modification. If there is more interest on someone else getting there hands on some let me know. Talked to Precision Farm Parts and after the trouble we had finding some, they are thinking of making some for sale. They make an enclosed staggered cylinder which we put in and also make rear beaters if anyone wrecks one for 1/2 the price of Agco. With the trouble I had finding them and talking to some others that need them or replaced them in the past I hope PFP gives it a try. Plus, at $2700 US for one walker he figured it wouldn't be a problem to do it cheaper! They are still a good combine with good capacity, just needs some parts support.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a walker break in 2 just ahead of the back crankshaft this year, did a search also after I found out they wanted 3000.00 for a walker and back ordered until the end of October ! None to be found anywhere ! So I welded it with the mig and fishplated on the inside, good as new if not better with 3000 in my pocket. So here s a suggestion to all you C62/8680 owners, the deflector plate below the straw walker just above the large belt when you look from behind ahead of the chopper, TAKE IT OFF and replace it with a canvas belt , the same width of the deflector plate . Bolt on a angle iron on both side of the combine to bolt on the belt. Reason for this, that deflector plate starts to crack , breaks off on one side gets caught up in the belt and guess what, yep , slices that 1200.00 belt in 2 ! Happen to me twice ! No more worries now . Now if only I can come up with a idea to get rid of this big belt !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts