The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month Kevin Bien introduced a program called "Gleaner Care" on RFD TV. As usual with AGCO, no dealers knew anything about the program the day after it was introduced. I had a dealer tell me it cost $1500 per year to participate in it. The program would guarantee you a combine to use if a breakdown would take over 24 hours for the dealer to repair. But here is the kicker, I have been told you can only participate for the first two years of a machine. What the he11, wouldn't the standard warantee do basically this? I doubt they get many people to do this unless it is a 5 or 10 year program.

Does anyone out there know the details of "Gleaner Care"?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The details are coming soon from what I hear. The dealership I work for became a Gleaner dealer this year, when we went to product training in April nothing was discussed about this. We received some communication that the details are coming soon a week or so ago.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typical AGCO program, introduce it long before it is ready to implement. The dealer is the last to know. More than likely the details have not been set by the higher ups yet, just told Bien to make a big splash announcement.

S-88 was introduced back in early August and as I understand no retail unites have even been built yet just demo machines.

Are all the other companies this unorganized?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Typical AGCO program, introduce it long before it is ready to implement. The dealer is the last to know. More than likely the details have not been set by the higher ups yet, just told Bien to make a big splash announcement.

S-88 was introduced back in early August and as I understand no retail unites have even been built yet just demo machines.

Are all the other companies this unorganized?
Dealer informed me the other day the few demo machines they have are going to follow the harvest, however scarce that may be. I did see a few 8 series sitting on dealer lots between NE and IN a month n a half ago, and by few I mean 2 or 3 units between the 10 or so dealers I drove by. My dealer wont be able to demo one unless something drastic happens. Like.....no wheat to cut and only a handful of crews with a small percentage of those being gleaner crews. As far as unorganized, if not for this forum I wouldnt realize how unorganized they are. Gleaner care is a good concept, but im afraid its going to come across as a punchline since obviously no dealers have the info they need and are caught with their pants down when they have an informed customer. It was yet another monumental mistake by agco by putting Bien in the postition to be the face of the program knowing full well its not ready to implement. He's the one guy that has/had full credibility @ agco. Granted gleanercare and the fact dealers dont know much if anything about it isnt the first N series combine's, but its still pretty significant.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Definition: Rhetorical Question..."a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point". Question asked...question answered!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Dealers here have no literature on the 8 series and anyone who follows this forum know more than the dealers! My dealer is very frustrated by this.
It ponders the question "what will happen to Gleaners when kevin calls it quits"

·
Registered
314 Posts
My dealer has updated info (I have not asked for brochure but I believe it is available online). My S78 is here and the dealer is doing prep work right now. I am sure they will hear more about the program soon. Worth 1500/yr, I guess I will find out soon.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We sent the packets out to our Salespeople and dealers a few days ago. They should be getting them soon. In the meantime, here's some info:

Gleaner Combines

All of our literature is here for download including the brochure for GleanerCare.

Gleaner Combines: Literature Library
Can you answer a question that no dealer seems able to answer?

How long of a term is this GleanerCare? Is it $1500 per year for just 2 years? Or does it have a 5 year limit? What are the terms of GleanerCare?

If it is only a 2 year program I can't imagine any dealer not taking care of a combine they sold new within 24 hours under warrantee, not much of a dealer if they didn't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts