The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Gleaner F in Eastern Ohio. I'm wondering about it's value... It looks good, not all beat up, seat is torn up, interior fair to poor, current owner upgraded. I don't do much, 50 acres total, mixture of corn and grains, spelt, rye, wheat and the like. I use the grains for food, so the cleaner the better, but I do have a Clipper S69D cleaner as well. For the past few years I've hired out the harvesting, but schedules fill up, weather, etc. I'd like to have my own equipment.

This one has a diesel and gear transmission with variable speed, I know not as good as a hydro, but I'll live. All I have now is a miserable old IH 82 pull behind with a 6' head.

It has a 13' flex black head currently on it, an orange rigid one for parts, 3 corn heads, one 30" orange, he says is rare, a 36" black and a parts 38" orange. I'm going from memory, so if I invented my own grain head...

What's this worth as a package and separate? It has the 23 Rice and Cane tires on it, rears are better than half (4x2 machine). My grandfather has an F and an F2 when they were new, I was young but apparently got the job done. I'm not looking for speed, just more than the old pull behind can offer me.

What is the pick up head for this, and anyone know if there is one for sale and what they are generically worth?

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
An "F" was a good combine. A 1977 F-2 was a lot better in the sense of simpler cleaning fan drives and a much better traction drive. That being said, around here they are too small and too old and usually only bring $2,000 tops for combine and grain head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.