The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a F2 and we are wondering in people's opinions the best height to run the feeder drum at and what position is best to run the fingers at? We where having problem's with bunching crop and forcing a plug at the feeder drum. Thank you

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a model M, the principle will be the same. Make sure the beater is level, the set the fingers to reach out the fartherest forward when horizontal and retract as the beater goes around to drop the material at the cylinder. If they dont retract fast enough it will wrap. The auger on the head should be set at the same so they work together. I'm not sure if the head for the F is a multiple unit fit, but on the M I had to install stripper extensions on the stripper bar in the center, and also auger extensions to bring the crop farther to the center. Make sure the slip clutch is working properly I had to shim the springs to get more tension for it to not slip prematurely. Any moisture at all would cause a slug. Setting the reel fore or aft also plays a big part in feeding the beater. The feeder beater was always the choke point for how much a Gleaner would eat. And yes cylinder bars play a huge part in how the material flows. My Gleaner manual spelled out how to set it quite well. Some years with short crop I had to put lock washers split to lock onto the auger flights to help move the material. With the M the worst thing you could do was pickup oat swaths if they were swathed on the green side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.