The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am wonder what is the best way to clean the chaffer and sieve in the shaker box? I noticed the chaffer had a bolt a the front and back along with a middle guide. How do you get the front bolt back in or do you have to take the shaker box off? If so, do you just unbolt the 4 arms that are holding the shaker box?

Thanks
Sheldon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something got plugged up at the start of the chaffer as it is packed in and a lot of the stems are vertical. So I need to clean it up by hand. Just not sure how to get it apart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I am wonder what is the best way to clean the chaffer and sieve in the shaker box? I noticed the chaffer had a bolt a the front and back along with a middle guide. How do you get the front bolt back in or do you have to take the shaker box off? If so, do you just unbolt the 4 arms that are holding the shaker box?

Thanks
Sheldon
The front of the Chaffer sits on a rod that runs accross the front of the shoe, it has a lip on it that hooks under the metal floor at the front. To remove the chaffer loosen the nuts on each end of the rod and remove the bolts at the back of chaffer. Then lift the back up to unhook the front lip and pull it out back out of the shoe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts