The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello It seems like i am getting a lot coming through the return. Where would i adjust to help remedy this? Combine has a air foil sieve. Also have quite a few untrashed heads in the grain tank, ive closed the cyl down to 1/8th inch and sped it up to 1250rpm. Doesnt seem to be cracking, so im wondering if i should tighten it up a bit more? It is a farily small and light swath (18ft) im wondering if lack of material is causing the untreshed heads? I drove faster but seemed it was throwing too much over. Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What condition is concave and raspbars?I don't remember the proper name for the little canal iron bars,but they can make a big difference in thrashing sometimes.As for grain loss sometime more air and opening the caffer screens to keep straw up so wheat can fall in.You just need to change things and check loss as the machine is capable of doing a good job.But having a good set of thrashing parts makes it easier.Reading your post again ,have you checked that gauges for your cylinder are correct?And as long as no cracking you can go lower and or faster until your heads are thrashed.Good luck on getting the best out of your crop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ray. The bars are in great shape, hardly wore at all. I suspect the concaves are wore though so i will try and tighten up the cyl and keep checking for cracked grain. Im not sure how to adjust for the 'excess' grain in the return though?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
With the inspection window beside the cab it easy to set. Grab a hand full of seconds and see whats there. If to many good grains open the lower sieve.In our conditions you only want a pulse of flow thru the return. If you have a flow it's to much repeats. Whiteheads are a different issue. I found for fine adjustment if you see the sieve move you have moved it too much. The bottom sieve closed too much will cut off air to the top sieve.
As said try too get rid off the unthrashed heads at the cylinder

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess the concave was wore pretty bad i ran the cyl at almost 0 clearance, WAY less heads in the tank and took down the amount of returns. had lots of smaller heads on tillers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.