The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the clean grain/tailings auger pan on a '93 R62 Gleaner. Ordered and received the "correct" part number as stated in Agco's parts book, as well as my original parts book, for my serial number of 63,000. After serial number 66,000 the part number was different so we made sure to order the earlier version of the part. After cutting the old pan out{it's welded in place} and a lot of grinding to clean up the old welds, I tried to fit the new pan in place. After nearly having it in place, it became obvious that the bends and curvature that the tailings auger runs in was off a couple of inches and would not allow the pan to fit. I laid the old pan on top of the new pan and it was really obvious then that this new pan was not made correctly or was for another machine.
I returned the new pan to my dealer and took along the old pan to show them the problem, which they acknowledged because it was so obvious. We think maybe the part was mislabeled and looked to see if another was available from Agco so we could compare. They said it was backordered and could not give a date when one would be available. On to plan B. We do a dealer search and find the correct part number at a dealer about 2 hours away. We asked if they could send a picture of the part so we could compare to ours and before we could finish the sentence, they said Agco sent you the wrong pan didn't they? We knew something was up then.
Come to find out, the dealership 2 hours away had experienced the same thing we had. They had replaced 4 or 5 of these pans this summer and ran into the same problem. Turns out, the part for the later serial numbers fits the early serial numbers like mine also. The part number that Agco sent us and them first will not fit anything, as there is a problem with the way it was made. They only reason the other dealer had one of the defective ones on hand is Agco refused to take it back. They claimed it was a "glitch" in the system and would not allow returning the part, whatever that means. I should know more tomorrow as we couldn't contact Agco since it was so late in the day. By the way, the defective part that they would not allow the dealer to return is $1100 and the correct fitting one is $300. I paid by check a week ago since it was a special order, so I am at risk of getting shafted too. Any suggestions on who to contact other than the parts depot in Kansas City if a return is not allowed? I really can't believe Agco would do this if the part clearly was not made to specs and will not actually fit any combine they manufactured.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I know its a long shot but see if your dealer could get in contact with Kevin Bein. He carries a lot of weight with AGCO, especially on the Gleaner side. He works hard selling the Gleaner, lets see if he will work equally as hard making sure the owner is treated fairly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ah Yes, good ole AGKO. "Your the only one having this problem"!
Just remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease. They have a troll who moniters the combine forum. Keep posting the progress, or lack of, here. Also contact Kevin Bein and have your dealer corner his dealer rep. Some dealers don't want to rock the boat, and besides, they have their commission on the $1100 sale. Most dealers are standup guys. But the paper pushers at AGKO are another story.
Good luck in your fight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.