The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have search every way I can think of and haven’t found a lot of info on the pfp sprockets and chains. R62 with 3 strands is in need of shafts and sprockets and chains and as normal agco is very proud of the parts. Not trying to cheap out but would like to have the same or better quality and have been looking into the pfp stuff. I am going to put the upper 65 shaft in it and eliminate the clutch as mentioned in other threads. What has everyone done in the front conveyor and comments on a source of top quality parts in these areas. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
424 Posts
High 52gleaner:

I'm curious, are you talking about replacing the upper feeder house drive shaft with one from an R65? Does that eliminate the need for the torque limiter somehow? Just wondering how that's supposed to work if it's overloaded.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
High 52gleaner:

I'm curious, are you talking about replacing the upper feeder house drive shaft with one from an R65? Does that eliminate the need for the torque limiter somehow? Just wondering how that's supposed to work if it's overloaded.

Thanks
The 65 has a hub and does eliminate the limiter. Under load the front chain is under the most stress and is the main problem. On our 52 I don’t ever remember the rear slipping it was always the front even from new.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PFP has those. Also recommend 7" posifeed drum.
Are the chains and sprockets as good of quality as the agco chains. Lots of opinions on parts out there and seems like everyone has a chain conveyor. The pfp stuff has great reviews from what I have been looking at on here and on ag talk. Tia

·
Registered
5,826 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree the pfp poly slat chain is worth it. Been 5 seasons with them and I have virtually no wear on my sprockets yet, I believe due to the lighter weight. Also have hade no difference in feeding. On top I’ve that, they are soooooo quiet!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree the pfp poly slat chain is worth it. Been 5 seasons with them and I have virtually no wear on my sprockets yet, I believe due to the lighter weight. Also have hade no difference in feeding. On top I’ve that, they are soooooo quiet!
talked with the guys from pfp and the poly slat chain isn’t suggested for corn over 150 bushel. Prolly going with steel chain and possibly agco parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts