The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
We last had issues with an S77. Broke the tie rod end that goes on the hydraulic cylinder to the unloading auger. Someone's that combine got the short end of the straw and the cart was full before done unloading. They started making the grain bin larger so the two combines no longer worked with our 750 bu grain cart. They used a heavier tie rod end on the S78 combines as the dealer took one off to keep us going and found out it didn't fit. No other issues than that with a full unloading auger as we do occasionally have to put back full.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,955 Posts
I used to do it with the old R72’s and had no problems. Probably a smaller tube on the R but I assume the S also has a bigger pivot and ram setup. Just make sure there’s no rough ground when it’s going down or coming up. That’s when something will most likely go wrong.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a 4000 hr R62 with 12 inch tube. First season last year. Had to fold it loaded to travel to the other truck. Did it slow and easy. It was a little slow lifting back out but made it. I don't think it wise to be traveling at WOT to do it. Can't imagine what you would have to do to bend it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Have done it many times but I will say I really don't like to. Like to ha e the bin empty and auger cleared out before folding it back in. But as me tioned above sometimes you get stuck not being able to empty out. So is it better to leave the auger out with it and full and keep running until you get it emptied out or fold it in full? I will say I've gotten good over the years to be able to plan ahead to avoid it so I never have to fold it in full very often. But did have the auger tube buckle on our R66 while unloading on the go once. But can't say that it was a result of folding the auger in full.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The newest CNH and JD owners can shut off the cross augers to let the tube empty out . Lankota also makes a kit for the older models of CNH & JD that allows the same thing. No idea if that concept could be used on Gleaner?
The slide gate is a good idea, just not sure where you could put it w/o interfering with the augers on most combines.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The newest CNH and JD owners can shut off the cross augers to let the tube empty out . Lankota also makes a kit for the older models of CNH & JD that allows the same thing. No idea if that concept could be used on Gleaner?
The slide gate is a good idea, just not sure where you could put it w/o interfering with the augers on most combines.

They could just use a system like what they have on the Ideals. They use a cover system to stop or limit the flow. 0 - 25% -50% - 75% and wide open on the flow if I remember right. It seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well everybody is talking about this subject when mine is an auto and I try and retract, it only goes halfway I cannot figure out why it won’t retract all the way.. something to do with one of them proximity sensors
Is this the 9 series? They are set on a timer and different than the old ones. Have to find it on the screen to adjust. That's all I know in our first 9 series and I wasn't rubbing it. Call your tech he should be able to walk you through it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts