The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who out there is running a Gleaner S88? How does it perform? Vast improvement over the S77? Feed better? Anyone chipped one? Mods done to improve capacity?

·
Registered
52 Posts
we ran an s88 in 65 bushel soybeans in the the bottom last year 5.5 to 6 mph cutting with a 35 ft flex draper I was pretty impressed. the thing was almost scary how fast you could push it with out it pulling. We were cutting threw some pretty tall rank beans. Kevin bein said that motor could be moved up into a class 9 pretty easy. The torque is what is really impressive on it

·
Registered
491 Posts
So an S88 with an extra cylinder and compound turbo's it only has 40ish more hp than my chipped single turbo'd sisu? I hate to say it but thats disappointing.
I haven't looked at the figures, but its probably got a fair bit more torque as well - that would make all the difference... an extra 40ph probably makes all the difference.
what machine have you got? a S77? what chip do you have? does it work well?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
HP has always stayed flat after rated load in the past. This give you fair torque rise. With HP rise like advertised the torque rise will be fantastic for combine application. From what I have heard the machines are pulling very well with acceptionable good fuel economy even as the are moving north to to good heavy crops. Don't know if they even have reverse bars monkeyed with. There are of course more proto things in some machines to raise bar further yet. Number one is get them jobber headers to feed machine properly. From what I hear the very latest macDon kit is close to what is needed for the Gleaner feeder house. Don't know about the other heads but if you are having trouble with the latest Gleaner feeder setup you best get in contact with the jobbers to be absolutely sure you have the latest kits and speeds right ect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.