The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I had a question concerning a shelbourne adapter plate over in the header section, and figured I would look for some info on the feederhouse changes throughout the years, and could not find a thread, so I figured I would start one.

Chime in with any and all info you have. Please keep this thread entirely about the different changes over the years of Gleaner Transverse feeder houses in relation to how they hook up to the header. modifications for hyperizing are in other threads.

here is all I know:

1978-1981: Level Land only, old original style with wedge pins and round pipe in header back, similar hookup sytem to the L/M Series

1982-??: Level Land, new style hookup with the cam-lock latch, deep trough bhind two front mounted relatively short hooks.

Please fill me in on the newer lateral tilt and deep hook feeder houses (such as a S77 level land, etc)

any info appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe 90 went to auxiliary hydraulics from combine instead of pump on right side of head. 96' was the option of the hart-carter lateral tilt with short ear hookups. 97' and newer lateral tilt came as gleaner built with tall hookup. I'm not sure when they started the bolt on high and low ears. I also am not sure when they went to singe point hookup? I do know that on the x2 series they had pitch adjustable feeder house plates and went away from it sometime around the x5 machines. Someone correct me please of I am wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts