The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
they likely have some air diverted to it.

That is my only concern with this new part, will the air PSI be consistent across the shoe for proper (aka excellent, common to Gleaner) cleaning, or will it give up cleanliness for capacity like so many others have?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Picture doesn't seem to reveal any means for air diversion. Even with some air wouldn.t heavy sand, small dirt clods, small pieces of wet material and straw become lodged under that Cascade pan. Don't think I would like crawling in to remove and clean the pan on a possibly very regular basis. Ideal crop and very level fields it might be useable. I don't have any of those type fields.
Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
they likely have some air diverted to it.

That is my only concern with this new part, will the air PSI be consistent across the shoe for proper
The ductwork on this shoe compared to a S7 shoe is quite different. You cant put this pan on a S7 or any other series without changing the airflow, there should be a kit offered within 12 months hopefully to retrofit these to our machines.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Only thing I question and worried about is cob pieces plugging those holes. When we ran the square tooth corn chaffer every morning was spent crawling in and pushing all the pieces through with a screw driver, maybe even twice a day. That is really far up there to crawl in and clean. Thus cutting way back on the amount of cleaning area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.