The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get snow on the corn plant, and the Mudd builds up on the sieve...

With the new clean grain pan they have makes me wonder if that would help with sieve loss.. The crop isn't building up on the concaves, but the sieves are walking it out after they build up with crap...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know if y'all are understanding what I am saying..

There is snow on the corn,, but with the new grain pane, (where it is perforated to allow air out and grain in). Could you remove the bottom sieve, and avoid build up because the grain would be removed before much of it even got to the sieves...

Not that I suggest it.. But I wonder if you could do it..

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've done corn when it was bellow zero in the snow, and the sieves still got all mucked up....the colder the better, but it's not guarantee. Come drive down my way, I can show you farmers with quite a few acres left, one with over 1000 acres of corn left to go. Another still has 500 acres of soybeans!
That makes me really glad to live in the good old south!! Every one has been done since the end of october, all the ground is rowed up and ready for spring planting. I had some sesame seed that I finally finished last Sunday, took one month to cut 600 acres, rain and more rain.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've ran corn and beans in the snow when everybody else quit and said there is no way you can do it without plugging the sieves. Well I guess they were wrong, because the snow was wet and it wasn't that cold when the sun was out and I figured it was because of the accelerator rolls. I run a 2000 R72 had the fan on 7 both sieves about 3/4 open. I just assumed these were better in snow because the fan would blow it out unlike a deere or red one that carry the grain snow and all and dump it on the sieves.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.