The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This spring I was wondering if the forum could post for me when an r62 or r72 come up on auctions.
As long as its not a duetz engine, I am going to be looking for a second combine. They seem to be the best bang for the buck and there is a second market for me if I can find one.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the honest answer... The auction prices have dropped so low a guy can afford to fix one up..
And at an auction I would not be insulting anyone either... That's all.. I am guessing you would want more then 10k for it.. And at a real auction it wouldnt go for much more.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Actually an ongoing kept current post/thread of Auctions with say 3 or more Gleaners 4 sale and sell price would be interesting. Possibly could also be some income for the op's of this Forum from the Auctioneers? I think most Gleaner owners or prospects would find that thread informative.
Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon

·
Registered
238 Posts
I figured, I kinda thought that might kickstart the idea of a thread about Gleaners at auction ;) I sure wish that I had known about those others, it hasn't been 3 months ago I paid 27k for a 95 R72 with RWA

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mattalx, that's still a pretty good deal.. 30k isn't out of my price range in my head... But for a second combine I don't expect to run steady, and knowing I will learn the inside and out of it after I buy it...
I am just being honest about what I would like to do... Not that its going to happen, but gleaners are known to go cheaper then anything else.

·
Registered
238 Posts
8850jd, you're right about getting more for your money with Gleaners at least around here. That's one of the factors in why I switched from Red to Silver a few years ago. My R62 I figured was comparable to around a 2188 Case IH and I picked it up for thousands less (it's a 95 Deutz RWA ) and I haven't looked back, when we got big enough to need another machine I bypassed all of the red ad green and had Gleaners shipped in. Best of luck to you in your search, I constantly keep checks on Proxibid.com and Auctionzip.com and do a keyword search for Gleaner, there's more of them coming up for auction than most realize

P.S I have a late model R70 that I'd sell cheap (around $6500)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I ran an R70 Duetz for 12 years without issue. I found that once the fan wears that is when you have to clean it often. I would do 4000 acres a years and would only clean it 3 or 4 times the harvest. I would check it though every morning. I fitted aircraft CHT gauges to it. My only issue was the engine bay was dirty due to lack of air blast. 8850JD is capable and if you saw his dodge he would love the sound of the Duetz

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.