The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a new holland ls 150 skid loader and it keeps burning out the glow plugs. Last winter I found 2 out 3 glow plugs bad and he replaced those two. Worked fine till it got really cold this winter. I checked glow plugs again and found that the one we didn't do last winter was open and one of the newer ones was open. He replaced the two bad ones and after two cold starts they were junk again. Glow plug timer is counting down like normal and relay is not sticking on. Dealer came out and reset glow plug controller. ??? Two cold starts and glow plugs junk again. Dealer came and got it and can't find anything wrong other than glow plugs open. They replaced glow plugs and brought it back and told my dad they have several customers with same thing going on. They said that they think they are dealing with a bad batch of glow plugs. This skid loader gets used everyday and he has had it around 10 years without any cold start problems till last winter. Are we missing something or just a bad run of glow plugs? Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Has dealer put a assist in, our checked to see if there are any solutions? Seems dealer needs to due some home work, Scott.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a problem with a 7.3 ford burning up plugs. Tried 3 sets of plugs from parts store, all burnt up after 2 days. Ended up replacing controller, still burnt up plugs. The only ones that would last were motocraft ones right from ford. I would say try a new controller and replace all the plugs at once. Use the expensive ones right from the dealer. Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have been putting glow plugs in from dealer at $40 a piece. Ordered some from tractorpartsasap.com. We will see if that makes any difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts