The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to share some tricks for making Glyphosate penetrate (burn) into waxy leafed plants.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fleabane, Barnyard grass and Black Bindweed. You probably don`t get Barnyard grass down there, Snake.
I have been having some luck penetrating waxy leaves with heavy acidification, by using Citric acid. I also use the AMS, but only really because of hard water. I use a generic alcohol based non-ionic surfactant...do you think that TX is better or particularly good?
I know there are other products around for spraying these weeds , but I am particularly interested in enhancing Glyphosate to make it do what is generally considered not possible.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You guys probly have this down already but just make sure with the Li that you put as much of just water and Li in the tank first as you can then add your Gly . Buffer as much water as you can before you add the Gly. This will make a difference .

·
Registered
68 Posts
100% Nitro 1

Ozzie, wetters last, but AMS and LI700 etc must go in before Gly.

Lynas, at our recent GRDC update we had a Dow rep (Rob Buttimore) give a great presentation regarding this very subject. He demonstrated the pH equalising effect of gly and surprised the majority of us as to how in what we would consider to be hard water, the gly dropped pH back to its optimum range of pH 4.5 - 5.8. Do a jar test with 1% gly and a pH stick and you will never buy citric acid again.

That said he also made those of us that use LI700 feel as if we are wasting our money from a pH point of view, but in relation to hard to penetrate weeds IMO, you can't go past 2% AMS and 500ml per 100ltr of LI700 in all your water before adding any chem

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
100% Nitro 1

Ozzie, wetters last, but AMS and LI700 etc must go in before Gly.

Lynas, at our recent GRDC update we had a Dow rep (Rob Buttimore) give a great presentation regarding this very subject. He demonstrated the pH equalising effect of gly and surprised the majority of us as to how in what we would consider to be hard water, the gly dropped pH back to its optimum range of pH 4.5 - 5.8. Do a jar test with 1% gly and a pH stick and you will never buy citric acid again.

That said he also made those of us that use LI700 feel as if we are wasting our money from a pH point of view, but in relation to hard to penetrate weeds IMO, you can't go past 2% AMS and 500ml per 100ltr of LI700 in all your water before adding any chem
Interesting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.