The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not completely true. First you will have to find the right address to turn off the accumulator system. Next you have to change the height range from reading 100 inches to 50 inches....this is another address. Next you will have to dial in the header height sensitivity....yet another address. This all sounds like a lot but if you find the right Macdon dealer they have all this info in manual. I changed all this in our 9860 the other day in a few minutes. Once getting all this set and calibrating the head the header height system works great. It stays pretty much locked on whatever height you choose.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not completely true. First you will have to find the right address to turn off the accumulator system. Next you have to change the height range from reading 100 inches to 50 inches....this is another address. Next you will have to dial in the header height sensitivity....yet another address. This all sounds like a lot but if you find the right Macdon dealer they have all this info in manual. I changed all this in our 9860 the other day in a few minutes. Once getting all this set and calibrating the head the header height system works great. It stays pretty much locked on whatever height you choose.
I never did any of this on my 9860 and now my 9870.I just went through the header calibration and it works great, everything.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I never did any of this on my 9860 and now my 9870.I just went through the header calibration and it works great, everything.
Well then you lucked out. Mine always seemed slow to react so I went through the set up sheet that Mac don has for JD 60 and 70 series combines. I found out that my sensitivity was set as slow as possible, around 150. Mac don book said the normal range for their head was 60-80. I set the sensitivity to 60 and now it works like it should.

If anyone wants the set up info I have it on my phone. PM me a email or cell number and I will get it to you.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Message sent... thanks!!!! Ya the md is alot nicer than a 630F. We did like the 630F more than the 1029 case heads but it was also a little newer. Dad missed being able to adjust the height of the actual cutterbar. It was surprising how many guys thought u could but turned out u cant.

Overall a good head tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.