The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a set of wore out 30.5x32 R2 on my 2188. I have a 12" spacer between the final drive and square steel tube. I was thinking of putting 20.8x38 R2 duals on it for stability on my steep hill farms and the price of future tire replacement may be cheaper as well. I haven't checked prices of 30.5 R2 or 20.8 R2. About how much for the dual wheels and hardware can I expect to spend?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I put duals on my 7088 this fall have 800 metrics on the inside and added the metric equivalent to 20.8 by 38 on the outside. New tires and to get the spacers made had some old rims my cost was just about 6000.00

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From memory the gear ratio in the transmission should be changed too from running singles to duals. Torsion bar required, need to shift final drive positions and extend ladder platform. All by memory so don't quote me.
Not to sure why the transmission would have to change, after all, the tires I'm considering (20.8x38R2)are roughly the same height as 30.5x32R2. It already has a torsion bar and the 30.5 singles with 12" spacers set nearly as wide as duals. That being said the ladder and platform are probably sufficient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.