The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were is a reputable place to buy gold bar in Canada? 24000 on line for 10 ounce at one url

·
Registered
312 Posts
Stevie, I buy from the bank of nova scotia. You have to set up an account and you will have to buy in American dollars and you need a certified cheque for purchase. Buy during market hours. Bank of nova scotia will have a purchase form to fill out and takes about four days to get your gold or silver. It can be frustrating because not all the staff do this transaction. You can chose from different weighted bars, but make sure when you accept the bar you report any bar defects, otherwise when you go to sell they will dock you for that. You also have the option to buy paper but I like the real thing. Storage is an issue with silver.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I buy from Silver Gold Bull. Set up an account and do direct payment through on line banking. No worries so far. Have two orders in last week where payment has been confirmed but no delivery date. I don't know if you can find any gold in stock anywhere. So now have to rely on the paper trail to prove my order in the future. Better to be 2 years early than a day late. This week is showing that to be true.

I logged in now to post a comment on Palladium. Who the hell is buying Palladium? Up 25% today. It is more abundant than Platinum and is therefore the low cost substitute for auto industry and so most industrial uses switched from Platinum to Paladium. The story it is a low cost option doesn't hold water when it is 3x that of platinum.

The good news is the guys buying Paladium must also be buying wheat.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I logged in now to post a comment on Palladium. Who the hell is buying Palladium? Up 25% today. It is more abundant than Platinum and is therefore the low cost substitute for auto industry and so most industrial uses switched from Platinum to Paladium. The story it is a low cost option doesn't hold water when it is 3x that of platinum.
I've been watching palladium for probably a year now, if I did what I thought I should have I'd of made some good money.

I think that palladium has some medical uses too that are not widely known, maybe this whole COVID19 ordeal is driving the price on it to some extent. It got to be going somewhere, only a couple hundred of the high now again. That's been a wild ride.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I’m with Ken. Bought a **** load of silver from gold/silver bull. Anybody want to buy a dented .50 cal silver bullet hehe.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I can sell you all the jewelry I have bought over the years! Piles of it! lol

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I just don't understand the palladium thing Captain. Bought some platinum years ago and was so close to buying rhodium - had a supplier and the funding but just figured I was already out in the grey area with platinum. Rhodium was around $2000 then and now over $12,000. But palladium has never crossed my mind except when I see the metals charts. Oh well, can't buy everything. Now I watch to see how miners do going forward and hope to make some retirement funding there. If metals go up then miners should too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
One thing with metals is the govt can’t take what it can’t find. Not long ago in some European country they took everything out of your bank account in excess of $100K (I think was amount).

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
The bank bail in laws put in place after 2008 are certainly in play right now. The central banks have thrown everything including the sink, faucets and counter top and haven't had their success. I expected that. The long game was to say all central banks have to be coordinated under one authority and one entity to direct all governments to create a unified front to solve the next event (this one). The plan is each catastrophe needs a bigger and more coordinated response. Including bank bail ins. So we wait and see what happens. My RRSPs are tied to banks in some way, everything is. Who really knows if there is some loop hole where they say that not only your deposits are now bank property, but your investment accounts. The only way to be sure is to not have wealth in the financial system. Otherwise you are making an assumpt on what they can and can't take.
I still think Trump is on the right side of things but I am not betting my life's savings on that. I will keep some of it at home.

Found an article on my platinum question. Looks like palladium being more abundant makes it more valuable. I beleive manufacturers not wanting to flip between platinum and palladium is a valid idea. And I beleive some mines are made purposely unreliable to drive markets in certain directions.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then the question arises about how do you sell 10 oz bar of gold when the crap hits the fan? The Canadian society does not seem to revolve around precious metals. Would a crypto be better? If things get ugly that would not be readily available. Maybe better to just always have 50000 of crop around to trade.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I see Canadian Bullion is listing things like maples. I would think if you get an order in and accepted and have the paperwork to show for it then you eventually will get what you ordered.

As for what you are asking Stevie, I like the smaller units for that reason. Local coin shops will always be buying. I choose SGB because I can always drive to Calgary and cash in $30000 at their location easily enough if a coin shop does not want to deal in large quantities. I could do the same elsewhere too.

I sure am not taking the doomsday scenario. The crap about you cant eat gold, guns and ammo are the only thing you want, go hide out with your gold bar and see how you make out, etc, etc. I am thinking of a return to a sound monetary system. That means a FUNCTIONING monetary system. And not guns and ammo being how trade is conducted. Our present system is corrupt for the simple fact that fiat is in infinite supply with nothing as an anchor. If we get something to act as anchor then the principle of value gets restored to the system. It does not even have to be a gold standard. Could be something else. The simple fact is something needs to change. The idea central banks can solve everything is a lie. It's a scam. So it has to change. And that changes to another functioning monetary system.

So a guy can run around and stock pile guns and build a bunker and say metals have no future because you can't eat them. I would say that guy is a conspiracy nut. But if you simply think a monetary system change is coming then I would think metals will remain as a store of value. Bretton Wood's and 1971 removal of gold backing were two significant events. If you assume the next event means Mad Max world, well thats your choice.

·
Registered
312 Posts
There is a case that having physical gold or jewels can be more valuable than owning land. Made the point earlier how gramps sold his land in Nazi Germany before it was seized by the government. His family packed there suit case hoped on a boat and made a new life in Manitoba with those jewels. Kenmb, I am not saying paper is the wrong way, I think its okay but under certain circumstances having a "bird in the hand is worth more than two in the tree".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts