The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
goldacres was the only one that went over steep hills.
Man are you going to stirr the pot with that statement. I know what the problem was for the red green blue yellow ect i wonder can the northern hem guys figure this one out.Ha Ha love it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
goldacres was the only one that went over steep hills.
Man are you going to stirr the pot with that statement. I know what the problem was for the red green blue yellow ect i wonder can the northern hem guys figure this one out.Ha Ha love it.
No replies from the northern hem guys, but I am guessing it was put down to the mechanical driveline?

The same mechanical driveline that they claim on their website:

The Goldacres Crop Cruiser will
consume up to 3000 litres less fuel
every 100 hours you spray. With rising
fuel costs, and current prices of $1.50
per litre, saving up to $3750 every 100
hours you spray is likely to make fuel
consumption an issue for you, and your
customers.

3000 litres less fuel in 100 hours seems a bit of a stretch? It would be a little more credible to me if they got their maths right on the fuel saving, 3000 litres @ $1.50 is $4,500 to me, not $3,750.

Found it here, page 18:
http://www.goldacres.com.au/faq/FAQ_Rev_April_2012.pdf

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have had the opportunity to demo the G4 over the last couple of days, heavy black country and fairly wet, I am pretty impressed plenty of get up and go with the little 165hp cummins and Allison auto 4000L, 36m boom, 18.4-38 tyres spraying at 25km/ hr using 21L/Hr, not bad, I like the 3ts and rapid fire good uniform droplets from slow right up to spray speed and the recirculating boom lets you charge the boom on the way to the field without waste, it is a pretty light rig weighing in at about 9.5t with the 36m boom the footprint wasn't any worse than my JD 4630 (she is on 380's though)in the same conditions I was very surprised actually. So far the only things I don't like so far is the cab is a bit noisey, not as bad as the JD though and the rear and side lighting is a bit ordinary the forward lighting is not to bad but a few strategically placed Led's would make a big difference, I have only done 300ha's so I'll keep you posted :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
My G4 has 1100 hours on the clock now, the bar holding the console to the seat came adrift the other day (bad spot welds)which was good because now I've bolted it on to the console instead of rewelding it, I also cut the bar and added a spacer to give me another 75mm between the console and the steering wheel, which has made it a lot nicer to drive plenty of room now. It's still fantastic on fuel, it still has an extremely stable boom no signs of cracking any where yet, we are in very flat country though. I do have a leaking brake booster but apart from that I look forward to spraying with it, plenty of power great clearance in sorghum with the 2tier setup going to high water rates without changing nozzles and still running at optimum pressure is great. At this stage I can't see myself changing brands.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The biggest thing I struggle with Goldacres SPs is the massive purchase price. A mate of mine paid in the low 400s for a G4 but it blew out another 50 or so once GPS was fitted. If I get out of my JD 4930 I would want a G5 or 6. Have thought about the later model goldacres as a option. I can't justify a new SP so the next one will be used around 2000hrs. If a a green or red SP with 2000hrs is going to cost say 280-300k and the same goldacres is at least another 50 grand i will stick with US built machines.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The biggest thing I struggle with Goldacres SPs is the massive purchase price. A mate of mine paid in the low 400s for a G4 but it blew out another 50 or so once GPS was fitted. If I get out of my JD 4930 I would want a G5 or 6. Have thought about the later model goldacres as a option. I can't justify a new SP so the next one will be used around 2000hrs. If a a green or red SP with 2000hrs is going to cost say 280-300k and the same goldacres is at least another 50 grand i will stick with US built machines.
Yes the pricing is getting ridiculous on all Ag gear, when I purchased mine it was in the mid 300's loaded which was comparable to the JD at the time, now they are over 4 unloaded, it will be interesting to see what the pricing will be like by the time I'm ready to upgrade.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Not sure, last time I justified the purchase on fuel savings and productivity which have been more than realised, going from this one to another new one well I suppose that depends on the resale value, at this stage Goldacres is probably one on the better ones for holding their value. I can't see my self jumping to a Nitro or JD anytime soon, the GA4 is the best on for me and my situation at the moment

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.