The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are planning on getting in the field tomarrow with the 9650sts and 8r 40" head. the head was an old 645 that we added on to both ends to make it an 8-40. the head was worn quite a bit so just about everything has been replaced as far as chains, rollers, and cogs. we added gvl poly snouts to it as well. they seem to be high quality and fit really well. i put an auger ext. on the unloading auger. its the one from shoup that looks like the oem 60 series. its very high quality, but a total pia to install. we run a 936d on this one and the buggy driver gets to close for comfort at times.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea still need to paint it, but that may get done when we get finished cutting---who knows or cares about paint
we put the koomia snap roles on that were CHEAP will be interesting to see how they hold up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well they corn cutting crew got started today. i think there was lots of tinkering and getting things set. i stopped by the field for a few min. and made a couple of rounds on the sts. dunno what the corn was making the farmer was guessing around 7000 lbs. it marched right on. seemed to have very little load on the engine. and the sample was great other than these two objects that the buggy driver found in the buggy. anyone have any idea what they are. pics arent to good they were sent from a phone. im guessing part of the mass flow sensor in the bin.
what little time i was on the combine it seemed like the header was doing a great job, other than throghing lots of cobs out the front /center of the auger. would removing the rubber paddles help this??

i didnt hang around long i had a seeder running and had to get the other combine going in some sorrrrrrry pityfullllll milo. lots of driving and no dumping.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the corn was located on the briscoe/swisher county line south of lake mackenzie about 5 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts