The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the the last 9540 where it belongs - on a truck outa here.
We are glad we did - the latest updates are 35 pages deep for these lemons .
Had to laugh - we told them the seperation problems started with very poor air distribution under sieves - but nope we dumb farmers

·
Registered
553 Posts
9795wire, forgive me if I am a bit late to this party, but what were the problems with the 9540? I have heard more good than bad, and our demo of a 9560 was impressive to the point we have purchased one. As such, am very keen to know your issues!

·
Registered
553 Posts
So 9795wire or Ross7010, would you care to elaborate on your issues? That would be a lot more helpful than broad negative sentiments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Posted it all last year, had mine taken back and refunded my down payment so I cant bad mouth agco, great combine just wasn't tested at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would take what this guy says with a grain of salt. Seems he has bad mouthed the Agco products to no end. Agco has provded the updates for better performance and from what i have heard they work. I guess in his opinion Agco should leave the issues and move on. As i have learned with every manufacturer has issues with a new design combine. The case 8010 was awful. New holland Cr series was the same. Now the s series JD has plenty of problems. It does take time to get it dialed in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just like with everything, one guy has nothing but problems with something, and the next guy loves it. I'm the next guy. Our 2012 9540 was AWESOME last year. You can't give me another 9795. Was at their clinic on Tuesday in saskatoon and as they educated us about the updates, I was thinking to myself "huh, didn't know any changes were needed". Heard about a couple but nothing bothered us. We did have a quality control issue but that was rectified one or two days later. 9540 performs like Precision Farm Parts design. And the Cdn agco guy also learned how to set the machine similarly to how Mike from Precions FP says. I just don't get why they took so long to figure it out when the after market guys have done it for years.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Built on a Monday or Friday, vs Tuesday threw Thursday..

There have been poor quality controls... You just don't hear about most of the deere or case guys. They sent some machines out with little to know knowledge outside of some farmers. If it wasn't put together correctly or other small issues.
Most if not likely all the problems could have been rectified by a knowledgeable service tech.
I have been guilty of it in the past but have learned... Bad mouthing people on this forum because thier personal experiences is worse then stupid...
You didn't have thier machine or problems. Ur machine preformed great.. Just be happy.

There are two different guys who know how to operate combines who both had different but dabilitation problems with the same model combine.. I would bet it was the machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts