The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m looking to get a GOOD back blade for my tractor, Who makes or distributes a reel good heavy duty built back blade?? Wanting a wheel, tilt, all the good stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Do you mean a 3pt linkage Blade, Fonzy?
If so, one of the toughest I`ve seen is made by Challenge Implements.
Here`s a link.
Rear End Graders - Challenge Implements
p.s. I have a Grizzly and having seen the Challenge up close, would say the latter is built even stronger.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Collier and miller in Griffith make good blade there are a few around and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Access Import Services in Dalby may bring in some heavy-duty drag box scrapers with tilt from Canada. Could be worth asking them.

·
Registered
739 Posts
How does everyone go operating one of these things? I borrow a neighbours to pull up rill at the end of the irrigation run and it looks like a dogs breakfast. Then another neighbour offers his old JD grader (in pity I suspect) and once I work out what lever does what, I look like a pro. If a new back blade and a rooted old grader are similar price, I'd take the grader.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Back blade can go places a grader can't. Especially near concrete.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looked at all 3pt linkage and brought a challange. actually made in Danmark. blade also reverses so can push or pull. would be the tallest/deppest blade around, got side plates as well to carry a fair volume if needed. would also be the most expensive, as usual.

·
Registered
198 Posts
X2 just buy a grader, the collier and miller trailing graders are built well but hydraulic bypass in the rams buggers any ability to hold any position in tough going.
Far better and more control with a normal grader.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
X2 just buy a grader, the collier and miller trailing graders are built well but hydraulic bypass in the rams buggers any ability to hold any position in tough going.
Far better and more control with a normal grader.
Fair call but where do you buy a reliable grader for 10-15K????? Seem to have to start at 30K to get anything half decent, even then they are kinda like dinosaurs. I`m wanting a heavy duty blade that can go behind a 100-200 hp tractor. Not necessarily needing the power but just want one that is rated to handle the HP so it should be well built. Thanks

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,880 Posts
Something like this or bigger?? If you want bigger PJ9510 is a forum member on here with a real nice grader blade he built for sale. Suit 200-300hp. He has a thread about it on here somewhere.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,880 Posts
Found PJ's beast. Don't be afraid of freight for anything down south Fonz. It's quite ridiculous how cheap you can get stuff moved from any part of the country useing loadshift.com.au. You basically tell them what you want to pay in the end.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Something like this or bigger?? If you want bigger PJ9510 is a forum member on here with a real nice grader blade he built for sale. Suit 200-300hp. He has a thread about it on here somewhere.
Who makes that blade?? what`s the cost to buy??

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Found PJ's beast. Don't be afraid of freight for anything down south Fonz. It's quite ridiculous how cheap you can get stuff moved from any part of the country useing loadshift.com.au. You basically tell them what you want to pay in the end.
Found iyt on farmmachinery.com but price seems a bit high. Not sayin id didn`t cost that much to build but can probly find reasonable complete grader going for that price. My price range is 20k Max.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Found iyt on farmmachinery.com but price seems a bit high. Not sayin id didn`t cost that much to build but can probly find reasonable complete grader going for that price. My price range is 20k Max.
Fonzy. You`ll get a Grizzly engineering blade for around $10,000. There will be a dealer near you.
GM95 grader blades from Grizzly Engineering

1 - 20 of 26 Posts