The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to say bye to my cts,after 8 years the old gal has done well,did have to spend some $$$ on her this year but have a great offer so it's time to sell.The only question is what to buy next,7010/9770sts.Do have a 9660sts but case is a good looking machine?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Try them all side by side in the same field and see which one performs better... you want a true representation that would surely be the "proof in the pudding"

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with Alex, having several brands in the field will help you make the best choice for your farm and don't limit yourself to just the red and green ones. If other dealers can get a demo combine to your place, they should be able to support it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CTS are great combines, its too bad JD is not still building them. Last year we decided that we were going to look at a different combine, we owned a 97-9600 neighbor has a CTS and the other neighbor has a 9760 STS both with 30' heads. We got together one day and work side by side. The 9760 did more acres, but we felt not enough to justify the price difference when discussing with are local dealer. We have had Masseys in the early years (50's & 60's) then Deere's till now, with an exception of the 860 in the mid 80's, we like are Deere's. So we arranged to have are 9600 the 9760, a CX 860 and a 480R in the same field, there was no 7010 or 8010 or 9790 MF available at the time. The salesman's were really on there game that day! During the day they all stayed perty close to each other, as night fell the combines started to separate first the 9760 then the CX 860 and at the end of the night the 480R really shined. So if you really like your CTS you may want to demo a Lexion. The neighbor with his CTS was sure paying attention to what was happening that day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
you could buy a 9870CTS.
from Europe.
370 to 390 hp.
as far as i know to they sell them in Canada.
Produced in Germany. Very good Machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts