The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Sounds like our local city. They catch skunks and release them just outside of town because they are wondeful creatures and the farmers love them. After I was told this I returned thei city's trap empty from the skunk I caught in town in front of my house and gave the skunk a 12 gauge solution at the farm.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I remember several years back, Sask. was waging a war on gophers, some Gov't official from B.C. asked if they couldn't be relocated? It could have been the Sask, Premier who asked : "where would you like them"?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I wonder what the city would do if farmers started trapping gophers and relocating them inside city limits??.
I have often thought about rounding up all the stray cats that get dropped off at our place and taking them back along with any offspring and dropping them off in town. I remember reading about the unit they had in Saskatchewan, It looked like a hydro dig unit. They would take and suck the gopher out of there hole. They had mats inside to cushion the gopher as they came in as to not hurt them. They had some reserve outside of what ever town they were in where they released them. It could have even been crown land, I don't recall. All I remember thinking is that they should just add a fan of some sort where the gopher came into the truck and slice them up.

·
Registered
472 Posts
just when you think you have heard the dumbest thing ever the local school board says hold my beer.........

nothing like municipal politics to bring out everybody's inner idiot!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Wtf? About 8-10 years ago a city council hired an "animal relocation service"(it was just two mexicans)to trap coons,opossums,cats ect in live traps because of the damage they were doing and to quite the dogs down at night. Lol they released them a 1/4 mile out of town and just kept retrapping them as they got paid per animal they caught!

After about 4 months they got told to put them in a certain crp patch 3miles out of town. The farm closest called the DNR about it and they shut it down and fined them for no trapping license,trapping out of season, transporting wildlife,no wildlife license, bunch of other things. Ended up being like $5500 and no hunting or trapping rights for 7 years. Lol it was my friends uncle who turned them in and we shot alot of lost critters for a few nights.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sounds like the local program for problem bears. A perpetual make work project.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I wonder what the city would do if farmers started trapping gophers and relocating them inside city limits??.
Skunks would be more appropriate :22:. I caught a couple releasing a couple of baby skunks on a customer's property about 2 weeks ago. At least they did take the time to find a spot where there are no yards for a mile or better, but I was so tempted to bring them back home to town.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts