The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with Gorden rotor bars on a 2388? We harvest wheat with interrupter bars in the first concave and where the returns come in on the third concave but have to have the concave and shoe settings reasonably close to get an acceptable sample. Also with asian raddish we put whole pods out the back even though we have the concaves blanked off and zeroed to the rotor and the vanes on fine. We are now thinking off putting either a standard rotor in or these gorden bars to improve effeciency of the combine. Any comments would be well received.thankyou

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got about 10 hours experience on 12 gorden bars on a 2166 with new small wire concaves and keystock grates and I'm impressed with them. Last year I had bearded barley that would hardly come out of grain tank because of unthreshed heads and beards. Now the bearded barley threshed almost as clean as the non-bearded.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply cowhater. Did you know of others who had been successful with gorden bars before you put them in? Do you have them just in the threshing area?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just posted questions and did searches on this and other ag web sites regarding the Gorden bars. Everybody seemed satisfied with them. I just have them in the threshing area, 12 instead of the 15 maximum. The straight bars and rasp bars in the grate area were in good shape so I didn't bother them.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I have installed Gordon bars on 2 2388's and going to do another one in a few days. They last a very long time. I have yet to wear a set out yet. Nothing but good comments on them. I also like the Gordon sieves and cover plates for wheat. It all aids in seed quality which is what I am after. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thankyou all for your replies it seems you are all reasonably satisfied with them. Do they allow you to operate with the shoe setting wider and would you get more capacity in hard to thresh wheat. ? We have yields of 10 tonne to the hectare plus so we may have different conditions to harvest in.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
It is hard to say you can run the shoe wider. That is kind of scientific to measure. The rotor rumbles less, greater seed quality, last much longer than stock bars. I know there are more benefits. Those are three that come to mind right now. Oh yes, they do work better for hard to thresh crops. I had those and cover plates in beans last year and it would take green beans out of green pods easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts