The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a Gordon airjet in a 6088 or 7088 combine? Does the sieve have enough capacity?
Thank-you

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I would think it would be the same as a 1680 long sieve-2588 with one. If you do a search on the old posts there is some good info. The story I got is that with a similar sample from the stock chaffer you will get better capacity out of the gordon. But if you open the stocker up and don't care about sample then it will have more capacity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We used the Gordon Airjets this year for wheat and corn i wasvery inpressed with then in wheat. thought that it was some of the cleanest wheat the we have cut. didnt like then in corn, we cut a lot of high moisture corn and didnt get along with them to well but very good for wheat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Texas YF, I understand your concern with the HM corn. I have the Airjet in a AF and the elements that I use for HM corn are "High capacity" ones. They are a larger size opening and with the conditions of moist corn stalks, husks, silks, that material will tend to hang up on the elements. Did you find this to be the case for you? Thanks Hammer

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes they would hand up it would get so bad that it looked like a soled sheet of husks and silk we tied the 2 holes ans the three holes it didn't make much difference witch ones we used. They were alot better in dry corn but i think this year we are going to go back to the conventional. just in corn. Loved the gordons in wheat on chaffer loss and a clean sample

1 - 5 of 5 Posts