The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I wanted to post that I impressed with this chaffer. I had soybean screens for it last fall and now have tried the wheat. They work great on our 2388, better than our new 2588. I had a little over 150 acres of fescue to cut and used them as well, only with the fan cut off engaged. Pretty pleased with that sample as well, even though they are not designed for that. I really like the product.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Thats great to hear. I may have not understood the post quite right, did you use the bean screens in the wheat? Or what screen did you use in the wheat and grass? I have the bean .45" the .250 and .281s. I've about got the machine back together and will be giving the chaffer a try again this year.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had bean screens last fall and wet corn and some other screen. Kept bean screen, traded the other two, and bought corn and wheat screen. I don't know the numbers. Just whatever he thought would work, and they do. I am going to try the bean screen on the far left and right for wheat to help eliminate chaffer loss on hillsides. What was wrong with your machine?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Ok, good to know what you used and it worked. I'll try the .281s then to start with.

Something ran through the machine. Here's a link with pics of some of the damage. It was'nt anything out regeous or anything, just banged it up a bit, so I take any oportunity I can to make a few mods to try to keep up with the new machines.
If the mods work this year, I'll post some pics of them.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=56678&mid=398339#M398339

1 - 4 of 4 Posts