The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all, just wondering why we pay a fortune for a machine that has not got a tarp to keep your tank dry and also fit in a quonset . Has anyone build one himself ,if so please send some pic.s Here in NE Saskatchewan harvest is done for 1% just waiting for the sun to come out then will post some pic's.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i always wanted to build one too, ive seen some neat pictures of tarps that roll over like a semi's. but, you must realize that 80% of the combines life SHOULD be spent in a shed (unless you are our tr-98)

Matt

·
Registered
336 Posts
What i dont understand is why dont the combines in america come with closed graintanks like they do in europe since in my experience most american spends the whole season outside and knowing how much fun it is to remove the drainplug whenyou forgot to do so the night before or didnt want to because it was pouring when you quit,
the lexion system seem to work great anyway.

Bo

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know on an 8010 the euro style bin results in less bin capacity, down to 290 from 350 and how many of us would be interested at less capacity? I don't know if this is the same for other manufacturers but I would expect it to be due to the additional parts required to make it power folding. Depending on the price tag associated with the option if it came available in N/A and you could live with a smaller grain tank I think there would be some sold in N/A.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It costs a whole lot more to get a closed graintank, and you also got more stuff on your machine that can malfunction.

However, a electric rollover tarp or something could be a possible cheap solution.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The closed tank is an option in europe? I thought it was standard on european machines, then how much of an option is it (euro's is fine I can convert). I am curious as no one here has ever been able to tell me how much it is RD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts