The Combine Forum banner

GPS Antenna Reciever Combo

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  casefarmer 
#1 ·
On last years combine and this 06 they had the Antenna Reciever Combo

However its not powered every time

So it took 30 min to get signal the first day and usually 5-10 every morning

This is really swell whenever it shows white space threw half a field or every day a lil white hole

Im pretty sure it wouldn't be that hard for them to have power supplied to it full time

If anyone knows how message me and i'll call you and if it works i'll send ya a XMAS CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also while im ripeing about this subject on the yield monitors

when you create a new load...how about just Load 1

not QXS 3033

or let us program what we want...

also you don't really need lowercase all that much how about just caps or numbers..or on the top bar put a number button instead of hitting the arrow 3 times.

besides that i love the setup

See less See more
#2 ·
Well on the receiver problem, ours always gets a signal almost right away and only blanks out when near trees. The load naming thing also, we can name load 1,2,3 etc. Ours is an 04 but i can't imagine theres a difference, maybe there is?? I guess this post really isn't much help...

#3 ·
Not sure about the slow sat lock problem, mine seems to work just fine. It wouldn't be hard to power it all the time though, can't you dig into the the wiring harness and find the supply power wire?

I hear you on the load names though. I think what it does is just names it with whatever crap is in the memory location it grabs.... really annoying.

I would like the monitor to notice when you change fields and ask you if you want to switch to that field... my father isn't that great about using the monitor and i get sick or trying to move data around on my desktop.

#5 ·
well i program all the farms and fields in at the computer and everything loaded.... so you can just pull them up from the field

Yeah in 05 they went to this new style and its not powered on full time.. so at the start of harvest i had my neighbor turn his key back and wait for the gps info to update and lock on and it took 30 min!!

which im cool with to be honest...i can see why

but daily turning this on and off and i'll have white gaps in my map all because of something stupid kinda frustrates me.

Also the load thing is simple.....(if they would just programe it) but for the program to recognize the field and such...well thats asking alot lol...

So i wouldn't count on that

I will say weve had great luck with case and there system and monitors/sensors.

We have gps data on my desktop program back to 5 years ago or would have if accidents would have never happened lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.