The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bought a Springland UTL40 this winter. Haven't used it in wheat yet but in canola it has lots of capacity. The standard 35hp carb Kohler engine is undepowered even in dry canola. Will be curious to see how badly it bogs in wheat especially if its on the tough side. Think 40hp should be minimum and even better if its diesel. The built in hopper and cover is nice. Will need to dig a bit of a hole under some of my bins with drag augers so the auger will fit in under them. Overall happy with the auger.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Sure like our 12x39’s. Might be tight on 27’ hoppers though. Well low hoppers suck too!

Pretty much have to get the diesel then all the sudden it’s a pricey *******.

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
Bought a Springland UTL40 this winter. Haven't used it in wheat yet but in canola it has lots of capacity. The standard 35hp carb Kohler engine is undepowered even in dry canola. Will be curious to see how —-—— badly it bogs in wheat especially if its on the tough side.
Very.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Or has anyone tried that orange one? Edge Agro I believe is the company. 12". Diesel. Fully suspended flighting. Looks and sounds spendy reading on the website but I kinda want one

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Or has anyone tried that orange one? Edge Agro I believe is the company. 12". Diesel. Fully suspended flighting. Looks and sounds spendy reading on the website but I kinda want one
I know a couple guys that have them. The 12” keeps up to a 13” Brandt swing auger and the 14” one is just stupid fast from what they said.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I know of a couple guys with Edge augers. One of the companies owners is from a nearby town. Stupid fast, quieter then a conveyor and holding up well so far. I hope they take a stab at designing a swing auger.

www.edgeagro.com

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How does the edge mover drive? Steer wheels or drive wheels ? They make a 10”? Looks like they would reach under a 27’ hopper also.

Our meridian reaches the 27’ bins, but had to get a 50’ to do that, which makes it underpowered. Brandt looks like the same.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
12 is as small as they make. The steer wheels are the drive wheels and the 42’ has no trouble reaching under the 24’ hoppers. Not sure about 27’

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
Appears these are intended for hopper bottom bins only, but if you had a bin chute big enough this would have the same trouble a Brandt Tracker had, as you want to push auger into bin you no longer have any traction, super bad setup for bin chute placement. Fine for hopper bins, not sure enough weight on drive wheels in adverse conditions though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ya wondered about those bearings mid flight too. Be a pain to service. Didn't realize just the mover wheels are powered. Can see traction being an issue. Have to put a seat toward the intake end to add weight and drive with the remote haha

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
I know a couple guys that have them. The 12” keeps up to a 13” Brandt swing auger and the 14” one is just stupid fast from what they said.
What makes them fast?
Suspended flighting would make it quieter but no faster.
Or this is really fast because a 10” is the biggest load out auger I’ve seen before?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Neighbor bought an Edge this winter. Really likes the diesel and that he can start the engine and let it warm up from his phone...or program it to start on its own if it gets too cold similar to a command start. And as Meskie said it is stupid fast loading a b-train at only 12".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts