The Combine Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I don't know. Don't imagine that's a cheep, or quick option.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
There is a shop in Alberta that makes hyd drive kits for grain carts. He says it will run them at pretty well the same speed as the pto in most grains. I can’t think of the name

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, things have now changed due to the lovey weather, yet again. It will now be too wet to even consider using the front wheel assist this fall on the cart. Our 4 wheel drive doesn't have a PTO so we might have to put a hydraulic drive on the cart. Anyone out there with experience with this? I don't have a clue what the requirements are. A kit from Bourgault is $5200 and for some reason will take 2 weeks to get here. Can anyone help me out? The tractor is a '95 Ford New Holland 9680. Not sure what it has for GPM, tractor data has it listed at 30 gpm. The cart is a Bourgault 750 Smart Cart.
Well this why we keep the old case 4690 with pto around for, it might get 20 hrs on it a year, but a cheap pto 4wd is always an option.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Its just hydraulic parts . If you can find the right motor you could build one pretty quick. PM me with a cell number and I can take some pictures of mine , which I'll be installing Monday due to the excess moisture situation.. A couple valves and two sets of hydraulic hoses and a motor is all they are with a coupler that mates to your cart drive shaft.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had a Bourgault 750 with the super high priced hydraulic kit. Traded it on a 1000 bushel Brendt cart and the hyd drive for it was like $2200 brand new. And it worked better.

Local dealers might have used hyd kits around. The Brendt cart used 2 couplers with 1/2” tips and joined them together to a 3/4” or 1” hyd hose going to the hyd motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Call Bryan 1 (780) 608-9426 he has high power Hyd drives for carts. One will spin at 1000 rpm and have no issues on smaller carts and really high torque one that will spin at 700 rpm and never ever stall out he claims. Corner auger or drag auger, they have enough torque to work on either

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Finally got to try out the cart today, safe to say it was a good purchase. No way at all the truck could go anywhere in the fields. Combine has been finding some water here and there. Had a moment of panic with the cart and tractor when I found some mud. I would like to thank all of you who helped me out with the hydraulic pump. I ended up getting the one that was on Kijiji. The people I got it from went out of their way for me, they drove a good 2 hours to meet me half way! I haven't had time to get it on the cart yet, so used out FWA, needless to say once it was hooked up it was easy to tell it wasn't going to be big enough! Just took one hopper at a time to get me through the day, hope tomorrow morning I can get the pump on and use the 4WD. I think before next fall, I will have to mount a camera in it like I did with the grain truck, so much nicer than looking back. Thanks again for all your help!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts