The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone in Manitoba help me out? We have to make some changes to our grain dryer and propane tank but can't seem to get a firm answer to some of my questions. How far does the tank have to be from buildings, can the tank be put beside a fuel tank etc. I always just get a receptionist that forwards my messages to someone but never get an answer. The propane company we deal with had an inspector in my area on Thursday, he was suppose to give me a call before he came, no surprise, he didn't call. My wife seen the truck make a loop through the yard and drive away! What a waste of his time. Guess it was 5 o'clock and he had to go back to Winnipeg, couldn't spare ten minutes. I really want to get things up and running, it is only September 20th and we have combined for almost two days!!! The second day it was tough!!

· Registered
53 Posts
I set up a new dryer with a used 3 phase generator last year, both were natural gas. The inspection process is crazy here in manitoba, dept of labour/office of the fire commissioner are supposed to do the inspections but there was only one guy out of winnipeg to do the whole province, needless to say its a nightmare trying to get an inspection done, propane Co cannot fill tanks without that inspection, in my case Hydro couldn't turn on gas. All work has to be done by an A-class fitter at least on NG but I think propane is the same. I got CMS services out of Brandon and they know all the regulations but inspectors can be difficult to please, I think they make regs. up as they go along.
My best advise is to find a good A-class gas fitter to check it out and he will tell you what you need. Good luck & hope you have less hassle than I had.

· Registered
219 Posts
We just setup a temporary system to run bin fan heaters with propane. It's a 500 gal tank. The company's guy came out and got us setup within 2 hrs. I was happy with that. Tank is to be 10 ft min from bins/buildings as well as the heater. Not more than 25ft. That's for flex hose but distance from building may be the same.

· Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They told us we cant use a rubber hose, needs to be buried copper line I believe. Thats kind of the main thing I need to know, dont want to make cement pads for dryer and tank then find out its not right!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.