The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The grain elevator warning light/buzzer is going of on my 9750. Everything seems to be working ok so I just replaced the speed sensor, but it didn't fix anything. Shaft seems to be going the same speed as the tailings auger and grain is in the tank, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
646 Posts
First thing I would check is that your new speed sensor is not faulty. If you are not familiar with how to test them the easiest way is to swap it with another one from somewhere else on the machine that you know works properly.

Other than that, I would look for an open circuit somewhere. It will probably be hard to find but look for faulty connections, broken wires, etc.

Others may have some other suggestions. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm sure you would have checked but I had it happen in irrigated corn. Just check the that the clean grain elevator chain in tight enough and the sprockets are okay. Because as soon as it slips the buzzer will go off.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Tried harvesting today but blew a fuse supplying power to corner post, overhead console, etc. Got techs out and identified broken wire between sensor and cab. Fixed that but still blowing the fuse. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
From memory there where earth issues with the 9750's I think there is 9 or 13 around the whole machine, we were undoing them and scratching the mating surface's to make sure there clean. Most common for fuses are wires rubbing through or poor connections, I did fix on a number of occasions where pins had backed out of connections, etc.

Does fuse blow straight away or after a while?

Ant..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blows after 5 minutes or so of harvesting. We put a new wire in for the grain elevator sensor so maybe the harness has been damaged somewhere and there is a short. Everything seems to be working though???

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
It could be one of the display modules in the corner post is beginning to fail causing it to draw too many watts. Put a new fuse in and observe if one is duller than the others or if one has portions of the liquid crystal display that have quit working. As I remember they have a lot shorter life than the combine.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it is important to post the solution to your problems for others to learn from......regards of how embarrassing it may be.
The warning buzzer was from a broken wire up behind the grain tank. I don't know how that one happened but it's fixed.
The blown fuse is from me hooking on to the front (header) and crushing the electrical plug which was stripped from the harness by the retractable fingers and will probably end up in someone's Wheatbix.:D
50 fuses and a day and a half later, we finally found it.:)
Jubilation was short lived with a flat tyre on the chaser bin tractor.:(
That's farming.;)
Thanks to everyone for your help.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I think it is important to post the solution to your problems for others to learn from......regards of how embarrassing it may be.
Agreed. If everyone posted the solutions to the problem, we'd have a treasure trove of possible fixes when we search the Combine forum for our own issues. Well, even more of a treasure trove than we have now :) I'm new on STS and appreciate all the fixes I can learn about.

Glad you got her going!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Chompy,
And no worries Lynas.......crunching down on a piece of bakelite is no way to start the day.
On a more serious note, now that I've had a chance to think about it....having wires shorting out, sparking etc right over the throat of the feederhouse could have ended badly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.