The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the verdict of the grain grabbers so far? I have a 20ft header and was wondering how they work in soybeans. Some people say to have a couple more (ie. order 25' header for a 20' header) and others say to take two out of the middle so they don't wrap (ie. ordering less). What is your experience? How well do they work, what is the good/bad points, and would you recommend them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a 22.5 1020 head and installed 8 grain grabbers. Started soybeans and took off 2 middle ones within 100 feet. Wrapped instantly. Went two more rounds and removed 4 more. Left the 2 on the very outside ends. We have very tall beans this year and I think possibly they may help if we were in a situation cutting shorter soybeans. Anything still green stemmed or a vine will wrap.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Save your money!.. We put 12 on our 30' 1020 & broke 3 within the first 250 acres and removed the rest except fot the outside two on each end and really don't think they are doing any good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had them for two years , They work OKAY.. What i mean is if you have any morning glories or weeds what so ever , you will catch immortal ****. They will wrapp no stop causing constant shatter. Also , i would reccommend like alot all ready have , i didnt go 200 foot and i ttok all them out but outside two. It is just a shame that they dont make all platforms full finger..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts