The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run into this situation with their Grain Loss Monitor in walker JDs. While harvesting pease, during the daytime hours my harvest trac indicates that I'm throwing peas over the sieves. I can speed up, slow down, etc but it seems to indicate a loss. As soon as it gets dark the temp drops slighty, I can almost double my speed and according to my harvest trac, not throw any pease over the sieves.

·
Registered
289 Posts
..... and how many peas are actually on the ground behind the combine?????

Moisture and temperature change the crop condition and therefore the grain loss.

·
Registered
200 Posts
static electricity. i really had a problem in the later wheat that was dry, and sometimes do with corn too. never seems to do it when a bit of dew comes in though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i think it might. we had a neighbor who had one of the first sts machines and had tons of weird problems like the auger extending on its own; after 3 days of deere engineers working on it they hung a chain off the axle and evicted 90% of the gremlins living in that machine. i never tried it on my machine just because i learned to ignore it. but before beans i think i will try it too.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Your machine is old enough the sensor pads may be going out. Unplug one, then the other to see if one is causing the problem.

The wires going to the sensor pads may also get enough flexes on them they will break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts