The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6620 but having problem with grain going out Chaffer, tried cranking it down until started cracking bean but no luck. Walk behind machine while running and they hit you like BBs, my thinking pods no busted going through and out the back. I would appreciate any advice on a possible solution. thanks

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Are you cutting beans? I'm gonna guess yes. You need to shut down machine quickly while cutting and jump up top and check the straw on the straw walkers and see if all pods have been threshed . If they havn't then that's the bb's your feeling, not from over the chaffer. If that's the case then you most likely need to close concaves or speed up cylinder or a little of both. Speed it up till ur crackin beans and then back off a little then check the straw again...hope this helps !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, we have tried tighting cancave until it started cracking beans and speed up cylinder with no luck changing grAin going up and out back. Could there be a issue with concave out of position or other inner problem

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Also if you have a lot of single bean pods they don't thresh very well but the chopper will break them out and shoot em at ya.
I spose there could be an issue with the concave adjustment straps being broke but I would have thought you would have checked that already. The beans are in a threshable condition right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.