The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a '00 9650STS, and noticed yesterday that I had a big pile of grain stacked inside the left shield by the fan and extending aft onto the walkway about 3 or 4 feet. Didn't have much time to look really closely at it, as we were getting it into the shed during the rains of tropical storm / Hurricane Alex. This is my 5th year running this machine, and it's the first time I've noticed a pile this large there. I've seen some before, but there's probably enough there to fill two 5-gallon buckets. I've seen something about these machines running it through the fan, but I don't know the particulars or how to solve it. I did check to see that the black plastic covers were still intact around the concave, and all looked well. I do know I was pushing it a little faster than normal, trying to get out what I could before the monsoons hit. I was cutting 5,500 lb/ac. milo at around 5.4 mph w/ 930R header. Concave at 13-14, cylinder speed 710, fan 1200, chaffer 16, sieve 6. Any ideas of things to change / check would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'd say it was probably just a few heavy spots of milo overloading the sieve fbnewell. I have seen the same thing if we have to really push because of rain and the such. I'd only be worried if it is like that everyday....

Your settings sound pretty good to me. We cut a lot of milo here too that yields pretty much exactly what yours is doing, I looked at you pics and if someone didn't know any better I could nearly say they were taken here in Aus. We nearly always roundup our milo as well. Hope you survived the storm, I also know what that is like to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You probably overloaded the precleaner allowing grain to fall back into the fan. You can actually cover the first couple rows of the precleaner to prevent this from happening so easily however I don't really know if this is solving the problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had the same problem with mine overlaoding the pre-cleaner. It eventually cracked and i replaced it with a 60 series unit that has more of a pitch in it. Increased the capacity a huge amount. Often thought of fitting an adjustable pre-cleaner but sold the rig. Worth the money.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Change to an adjustable precleaner and it will help this problem. Your sample quality and capacity will also increase. JD part #AH201930. A&I also makes one.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I ordered an adjustable precleaner for our 9750 today. Hopefully it helps as much as everyone says it will. We have grain piled on both sides of the fan usually and i hope it cleans up our sample. I guess we'll find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts