The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install grain tank indicator lights on our 2377 and 2388 similar to the 20 series combines so my grain cart driver at night can tell when grain tanks are almost full. At what percent full is the grain tank on the 20 series when those lights start blinking?

tia,
Joe

·
Registered
80 Posts
75%...i wanted to do that too but was told it would cost $400...what is it gonna cost? i opted for a cb radio in bine and tractor...damn grain cart operator wouldnt be watching for the lights anyway...or atleast mine...i would need a fireworks show instead of blinking lights

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
i know that they flash for a few seconds at 50% then come on and stay on at 75%but i agree with kingcotton a pair of cheapie cb's for the combine and cart tractor are alot easier and cheaper

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made a set for my 2377 for less than $200. I bought two small becons and a full grain tank indicator switch. I mounted the switch where I think it needs to be in the grain tank (I haven't tried it in the field yet) then I mounted a relay and both becons. When I touch the switch by hand the becons light. I'll post some pics soon. But so far it seems to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do not know if this works on the 23XX series,but this is what happened when I installed the beacons on my 2577. I mounted the OEM beacons and switch in the factory locations using the unused connectors on the factory wiring harness. The connectors were hidden (front in the cab roof- rear in engine compartment-switch plug in over-head console. LO & behold,the beacons come on with the bin full indicator. The combines were wired for this option even if you did not order it. HTH steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts