The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a used hopper trailer that had been used for sand hauling (fracs)? Lots available being sold now but I hear the gates get worn out really fast with the abrasive. Are these oilfield throwaways or useable after a minor rebuild?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Are you talking about grain trailers that are used to haul frac sand or the purpose built trailers.

I used to haul frac sand from the mine with super B's. I know the slopes got replaced more than usual, as well as the tarp hoops. But I don't recall the slides wearing out faster than normal. I know that no matter the brand they where difficult to open. We hauled 72 tonnes but only went 80km/h with them so I don't recall the wear and tear on them being worse than normal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes frac sand hauling with grain trailer. I read on their webpage that Doepker, or maybe it was Lode King, offered a different duty slide for the trailers that would be used for sand. But that is good they aren’t getting too worn then. They must be selling a ton of trailers now that pneumatic trailers have largely been replaced with grain trailers.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I find it hard to believe that still use pneumatic trailers to fill the sand hog on leases. They use a conveyor to empty the hog when there done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts