The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from touring the Case IH factory in Grand Island, Nebraska. It was a great time and amazing to see the effort and technology that go into making the Case IH 88 and 20 series combines. From the laser cutters to the part of the line where small and large frames are "married" to the top section of the machines was really cool. The most impressive part by far was the attitude and friendliness of the employees at the plant. We were encouraged to stop and visit with the employees as they worked during our three hour tour, and they were very eager to answer any questions. That day they had 26 machines to build and they do not leave until the 26th on is completed. It was well worth the time spent to see how our machines are made and makes me proud to run red as my combine. Thanks to all the great employees for a wonderful experience, it is something I will remember and take pride in as I harvest with my 8010 and 2588.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How often do they offer the tours?. Sure would like to go some day. Would any one have the schedule to be able to book any of the tours. Picked up a 7088 in November and sure would like to see how they put them together. Would any one have a video on that. I have seen the one on U tube, ust wondering if there is a newer one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have toured the plant, but it was in the old New Holland days. I have not been there since the brought the red combines to the plant. Is it still running about 10 red combines to 1 yellow combine?

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
I would think its about 15 to 1 already. I take pride as I harvest with my TR98 and CR970. It struck me as odd how they assemble both the small frame 88 series and large frame 70/80 10s and CRs on the same line.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
yeah i never thought the old design would last this long...i figured they would make us go to the new design...

so far really glad they haven't...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I did the combine tour in march for our two new 9120s. Our neighbours actually got to drive off one of their 3 new 8120s. Was a great tour, but I even found the class time to be some of the best stuff as they helped our farm with special settings and recommendations.
And to the person who said how happy the people were to see us, I thought they would be grumpy but it was total opposite! Those people love their job, was a real eye opener how happy people are to have a safe and secure work! Was great to see!

·
Registered
1 Posts
on the 21st May 2014 we are flying from England to Salt Lake City for holiday and driving to New Jersey and hoping to call in to tour the factory, as we have used a 1680E for the last 12 years.
David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts