The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out my 7010 is being built august 22 the other day. I told my salesman I wanted to go see it built & he said he would sign me up. Anything else need to be done & what can I expect on the tour? Thanks in advance. It's been a long wait for a new combine.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Make sure you get a individual tour, you will get a lot more out of it. Plan on being there all day. I was there from 9-5. It was a great experience. You should get to follow your combine along through the testing stages. We took a plant tour and follwed it through the various stages of production. Then at the end you will get your picture taken and meet the plant manager and drive it off the line. My experienence wa first class all the way.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i agree with kansascutter...

i took my rotors out of our tr98 in to get them balanced and they gave me a private tour then took me out to eat. they were blown away by our 2500 hour rotors..... the welders wanted to GIVE us new ones...... but we were skeptical.......

the tour rocks, esp when u are by urself.... i asked alot of questions and the plant manager was a great guy

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
gilly that is great for you to see your 7010 combine being born and get to start and drive it the very first time, Good Luck with the 7010.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am driving my 7010 off the line Aug 11. I know you can't take pics during the tour, maybe they will let you take pics at the end of the line. I am taking the wife, one boy, a cousin, a friend and my salesman & family are going too. We will have our own little tour group. I will let you know how it goes
Dana

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am planning on spending a day at Husker Harvest Days in September. How would I arrange to either get a private tour or get with a tour group going through the combine plant at Grand Island the following day?

·
Registered
140 Posts
They would not let you take any pics in the tractor plant at Racine a couple of weeks ago. I thought the Grand Island plant was the same, but that was a few years ago.
Dana

·
Registered
301 Posts
In Racine the parking lot was pretty close and they asked if we had our camera's with at the end of the line when the tractor was about to come off. We shook our heads and one of the line guys pulled a camera out and emailed us photos. I would ask the tour guide before you start the tour if 5 min before your combine comes off to grab a camera out of the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We took the tour on May 5 to see our 2588 come off the line. They have no problem with taking a camera in and you can take all the pictures you want. No camcorders though. When Al was driving it off the line and out the door, I did stand outside and used the video option on my digital camera to capture the moment as it left the building. They also gave us a framed picture...which you can see on our blog (shameless plug) kuntzharvesting.blogspot.com. They took that one with our camera, for us.

It was a great experience and they were so accomodating...we were there a week or so after a member of the "100th combine" club drove his off the line. Even though we were only buying one they treated us like we were pretty important...kansascutter hit the nail on the head with his comment about it being a first class experience.

Take lots of pictures...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Went to a combine clinic today at the local dealer, and before they got started, they were playing the video farmertony posted.

-Lance

·
Registered
664 Posts
pretty dang sweet. tony ought to phone them and tell them he wants a vip tour for the video, id bet money they would have no problem with that.

Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Headed out in an hour to Nebraska to watch my toy come off the line. Good thing we had a late spring or I probably wouldn't get in time & be cutting some beans with dealer's combine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts