The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used intensity, volunteer, and assure2 in the past with good luck and currently using clethodium. For crab grass, Johnson grass, green and yellow foxtail, and barnyard grass what's the best postemerge? What's good for sedge grass that grows in and around my wet spots? I can't seem to find anything that will knock sedge out of conventional soybeans, post emerge.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Books I has suggest fusilade DX, Poast plus. And or result.
Rezult (sethoxydim and bentazon)
Fluazfop
Sethoxydim..

So pretty much just two chemicals that are not roundup or select. Wish I still could get basagran..

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Maybe I can, just getting back into more conventional beans so I may have to try and get it next year... It was 20 years since we planted non roundup beans, have been using different herbicides with roundup.

My first experience with cobra was a good one.. So I am kind of excited to eventually no longer use roundup for post soybeans at all. Keeping it around for the burn down but I think that will be it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use cobra with good results at 10oz to the acre, its much cheaper than cadet, which I still use also at .7oz per acre. I also use 2,4DB(buyterac) and it will blow the tops out of the beans and take care of some of the problem spots in a field at 1oz per acre.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I also use 2,4DB(buyterac) and it will blow the tops out of the beans and take care of some of the problem spots in a field at 1oz per acre.
I need an english-to-english translation please, D&M! What do you mean by "blow the tops out of the beans"??

Andrew

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Take a torch and get to close to a broadleaf... Burns the top of the plant right off... Its pretty cool when they grow back.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I use basagran in my RR beans to get rid of the RR canola. Works well, burns some leaves though but the lower rate works fine too and a little safer. Basagran does nothing though on grasses as I'm sure you are aware. No reason why poast or centurion isn't a good choice for grass...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not too familiar with beans... So are you guys only able to spray Group 1 sprays for grasses in beans? Just curious

1 - 11 of 11 Posts